Tuesday 15 February 2011

Photography Briefs

So to run alongside our Zines brief we have been set a photography brief every week, to take 10 shots of a select subject following the 'rules' of photography (i.e. rule of thirds, leading lines, etc.)


The first Subject we were given was the subject of beauty, I have never been great at photography but its amazing how much a picture can be improved by a good camera, thanks tash xx
I tried to get a nice variety of subject in my shots and when I went out on my shoot only had a few idea's in mind so a lot of it was worked on the go.


The second of our shoots was named 'In Every Frame', this was a night shoot making things tricky, i had gotten comfortable with the camera during the day time, and was lining up shots quite well. At night however the camera's auto focus becomes very tentative and it is mostly better to manually try and focus, still getting the hang of it though. Another thing about this shoot was we had to shoot a model which involved directing a suspicious target without he/she knowing, surveillance.



Our 3rd and sadly final shoot was on vernacular, theres been some confusion as to what we need to actually photograph for this so I think what everyone comes up with is gonna be slightly varied, I thought it meant to describe somewhere just through association and not the obvious parts of the town,( Cathedral), My main idea to work on was the railways which made lincoln, there is a lot of the original engine sheds and signal boxes still in plain sight.

i'm actually a bit sad its over cos i've grown fond of photography, I intend to keep at it tho, its a useful skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment